Labels

The New School Prayer

Now I sit me down in school,
Where praying is against the rule.
For this great nation under God,
Finds mention of Him very odd.
If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.


And anytime my head I bow,
Becomes a federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense, it's the freedom scene.

The law is specific, the law is precise,
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.
For praying in a public hall,
Might offend someone with no faith at all.

In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the State.
We're allowed to cuss & dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues & cheeks.
They've outlawed guns; but FIRST the Bible,
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the unwed daddy, our Senior King.

It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
We're taught such "judgments" do not belong.

We can get our condoms, & birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires & totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No Word of God must reach this crowd.
It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.

So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot, my soul please take.
~ Author Unknown ~

Bibliography:
Encourage One Another


2 comments:

  1. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

    WE NEED GOD IN OUR SCHOOLS AGAIN-- AND THE BIBLE PLACED IN THE LIBRARY AS A HISTORIC BOOK -- NOT A MYTH!

    YOU ARE INVITED TO VISIT:

    MANUFACTURER’S HANDBOOK

    Stuff (GOD'S WORD IS THE REAL STUFF!)

    http://stuffyouadore.blogspot.com/

    JESUS WAS BORN -- THE SON OF MAN - THE SON OF GOD

    http://stuffyouadore.blogspot.com/2012/12/jesus-was-born-son-of-man-son-of-god.html

    CHRISTMAS -- IMMANUEL-- GOD WITH US -- HOLY HOLIDAY -- CHRIST'S BIRTH

    http://stuffyouadore.blogspot.com/2011/12/merry-christmas_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,
    I have visited your blog and I am in it. It is very good! Congratulations!!!
    Yes we need God not just in the school but in every place, because the The Son of Man was born!
    Merry Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete