Labels

"Stand on and worship the Lord in Spirit and Truth!”



By Ruth Ferraz


Ezekiel is the third prophet of God in order of importance. The first is Isaiah, Jeremiah the second and fourth Daniel. Ezekiel means God is strength. In chapter 2 of Ezekiel he makes an overview of what Israel was in its time; shows us that God has to be our strength, as we have greater teaching the consequences of idolatry, which are unpredictable. Ezekiel was also taken to Babylon. God hates idolatry, because we cut relations with God by placing an image in His place. When we are 100% united with God we are strengthened. When the Jews were inclined to idolatry God departs from them. It happened with the Israeli people at that time, when Nebuchadnezzar captured all talented Jews and brought them to Babylon and from there came the slag to Israel. Ezekiel also was taken because he was talented.






“Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak to you”,  this was the Word of God to Ezekiel and the same continues to reverberate in our ears today. God does not like crawling, and walking in sin, drugs, etc. He wants to talk eye to eye. So the "fall  in spirit" is wrong. God also spoke to Joshua when he mourned the death of Moses, "Rise up and puts you up."
Thus the Spirit came and put him on his feet.


And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak with you. Then the Spirit entered into me when he spoke to me, and set me upright, and heard what I spoke. And he said unto me, Son of man, I send thee to the children of Israel, to a rebellious nation that hath rebelled against me: they and their fathers have transgressed against me to this very day. And the children are impudent hard and stubborn heart, I am sending you to them, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD. And they, whether they listen or fail to listen (for they are a rebellious house,) yet shall know, however, that in their midst was a prophet.


 And thou, son of man, be not afraid, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their
words, nor be dismayed at their looks, for they are a rebellious house."
(Ezekiel 2:1-6)

Israel besides being idolizes was rebellious and did not accept the Word of God, so do many today. Our obligation is to speak the Word. We must go and preach the gospel, no matter if we are going to listen or not, is the Holy Spirit who will act.

"But you tell them, my words, whether they listen or fail to listen, for they are rebellious. But thou, son of man, hear what I tell you, do not be rebellious like that rebellious house: open thy mouth, and eat that I give thee. Then I saw, and behold, a hand extended to me, and, behold, it was a roll of a book.
And spread it before me, and it was written within and without: and there were written lamentations and mourning and woe. "(Ezekiel 2:7-10)

The best to eat is the Word of God. To read and absorb it! The word just comes out with strength and power when we "eat" what we read and talked to absorb and put into our heart. The world today lacks much of the truth of the Word. Lots of violence, hatred, death. Lack Jesus into the hearts, institutions, everywhere. We can not be ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus, for He is our Salvation. So please, may  we repent, change mind and became a believer. Do not be rebellious and listen and fulfill the Word.Because I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me, but I can not do good.Why not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want that.Now if I do what I do not want, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.I find then a law on me, that when I would do good, evil is present with me.Because, after the inward man I delight in God's law;But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.Wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from this body of death?I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So I myself with the mind serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. (Romans 7:18-25)Only Jesus will uproot us from our sinful Adamic nature! He alone can redeem us! May we receive Him as our Lord and Savior!

Grace and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from this present Evil world, according to the will of God our Father, To whom be glory for ever always.
Amen (Galatians 1:3-5)


Which us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation;For by him were all things created, that are in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether in, or dominions, or principalities, or powers. All things were created through him and for him. (Colossians 1:13-16)The presence of Jesus in our lives can clean us of all evil and then we can receive the abundant life, since we are in His Word and His Word is in us! Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment