Labels

The love that we must learn, 1 Cor 13



By Valdenira N. M. Silva
Translation Google
Review Ruth Ferraz

Agape love, altruistic, donor, given by God, 1Cor 13: sufferer benign, not envious frivolous superb, cranky, suspeitador, selfish, clearance and no injustice with truth, beareth all things believeth expects support never ends.[...]

In I Corinthians 13:4-7, the Bible tells us about love. She says: "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

In ancient Greek, there were three words that mean love: "eros", "phileo" and "agape". They used the word according to the kind of love that were referring. The word "eros" was referring to sexual love, and as we know, must exist within marriage.


The second word "phileo" meant the love that existed between parents and children, and between siblings.
This kind of love that develops over time, must also exist in marriage.Finally, the love "agape" which is the deepest and most sublime of all. This love has always characterized God. In John 3:16 the Bible shows us the great love of our God when he says: "For God so loved the world that He gave His Son ..." There is greater love than this? We also find that love expressed in I Corinthians 13:4-7. A marriage based on the AGAPE LOVE can survive any storm, misunderstandings, disagreements, etc.. If alicerçamos AGAPE LOVE in our marriage, God's word becomes reality when He says, "Love never ends." Surely this kind of love has to be learned and this learning requires much effort and knowledge. We all need to learn to love. But for a marriage to be happy there must be these three types of love.

In I Corinthians 13:4-7, God shows us the 15 characteristics of love that you and I must express in our lives:

1) The Bible tells us that love is first sufferer.
If you have inside me this quality of loving someone, then the cost to get angry, never raise my voice or lose his temper.

2) Then we learn that love is begnin. If you have this feature so precious, then I am a kind person and creative in putting into practice my mercy. I always try to praise rather than criticize.
I always see in someone else, something positive.

3) The Bible also teaches us that love is not envious.
If I have this kind of love, do not get jealous when the other person has, for example, a better job than mine, I'm not insecure if the other person is more capable or more attractive than me.

4) Love NOT vaunteth.
If you really love, as I say, then do not try to be the center of attention in conversations, nor do I boast of my abilities, making my boyfriend or husband feel inferior or left out.

5) The Bible goes on to say that love is not puffed up. If you have this kind of love, then I am not proud or arrogant before the person I love. Do not expect to be bajulada to do what is my responsibility.
I do not seek fame for myself.

6) Love NOT behave itself unseemly. With another feature of this love, I am not rude to the person I love. I'm not sarcastic or critical. Looking increasingly demonstrate my love with courtesy.

7) In God's Word we see also that love DOES NOT SEEK THEIR INTERESTS. This type of love is not "self-centered" but "other-centered". Not me nor centralizo I focus on me, but that I love, seeking his eternal good, needs real-eternal. I'm always trying to discover his interests.
I am not possessive love with that person, not requiring live my rights and wanting my will.

8) We learn that love still NOT IRRITATING. If love, exasperation not me, I'm not bitter easily.
If love does not try to be always on the defensive, nor am super-sensitive.

9) Love thinks no evil. If you truly love, I have to demonstrate that, with all my heart, I love and trust I have within me the ability to forgiv
e.
Do not seek revenge by paying evil with evil.10) The Bible tells us that love NO SLACK WITH INJUSTICE. With this love in my life, I will never rejoice when the person you love fails, or when you receive a just punishment, much less when it receives injustice, whether small or large.

11) Love rejoices in the truth.
If it's just the person I love receiving praise or reward which in part also fit for me, I rejoice anyway.

12) God teaches us to love ALL SUFFER. If I love, I am able to support any kind of trial or distress for the sake that I love.

13.)Love BELIEVE EVERYTHING. With this love, trust the person I love.
I believe in it and its worth before God.

14) Love ALL WAITING. If I'm really in love, I believe that God is at work in the life of the person you love, working and shaping as the potter does with clay.
Never discouraged.

15) Love ALL BACK. For the one I love I am able to endure all things.
Do not get discouraged or sad.Finally, we can say that AGAPE LOVE is the love that gives and sacrifices himself for the highest good of the other person. Such sublime practical love is completely selfless, ie, seeks what is best for those who love. AGAPE LOVE is also dedicated, ie, still loving whatever happens.

An excellent training for marriage: "Show love for the people of his family. Remember that you do not have to wait until 'feel' love. Act now and try to love them.



Source: Valdenira´s Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment